Ibm x31 does'nt boot after updating to latest nightly

hi there.

just tried the update to the last nightly (#50527) via terminal and restarted, but haiku stops right after the last »boot-icon« and shows no desktop. failsafe-mode (even without failsafe-video or other options) is working fine. any ideas how to analyze and filter possible problems? the log-output is too hard for me :wink:

thank you!

Hello. In the safe-mode, there are an option named “Disable user addons” or something like that. Try enable that option, and check if works.

If this option works, probably the cause is related to some user configuration or boot option.

Since some nighties, I found some issues with the Intel Graphics driver. Another possibility is that your notebook is affected by that.

1 Like

From what I understand, the safe-booting route with the disable user-add-ons option should help you pin-point which modified component in the nightly #50527 is causing the issue with the X31.

A few questions/thoughts - more for the developers:

1. There is only "one@ commit (the last one?) identified with each nightly. However, there seems to be more than just one commit performed every day. Could the list of commits from nightly to nightly be made available?. This could help with diagnosis of which sub-system might be at fault.

2. For the nightlies, is there a safe-booting option for returning to the previously installed nightly? Or is the only choice possible one of restoring the system (from a previously made back-up)?

1 Like

[quote=“Stacked_Lambda, post:3, topic:4218”]

1. There is only "one@ commit (the last one?) identified with each nightly. However, there seems to be more than just one commit performed every day. Could the list of commits from nightly to nightly be made available?.[/quote]

You can see most easily what happened between any two revisions, by looking at the commit log.

From the boot loader options (hold shift key when booting up) you can select the menu Select boot volume ( which should probably be renamed “Select boot volume/OS state” or something). Every time you un/install a package, the old state is saved and you can boot into it by choosing it from the list presented there.

Regards,
Humdinger

1 Like

same problem here… since 30 June!
I opened a ticket:
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/12881

1 Like