I want to help the project!

Hey I am CS student I already studied assembly language and couple of languages and I am currently studying OS course, I know it is really difficult to make an OS but I want to try it (helping the project).
What I should do since I never had an experience with developing an OS, should I study something first (I need a guideline).
Regards !
Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Haiku community! :grin:

If you would like to get a better understanding of Haiku, I believe there are multiple ways to do so:

I wish you good luck!

6 Likes

Can I also add - filing bug reports that are concise and reproducible by the devs is also improving Haiku. Do not underestimate impact of good bug reports!

(Software tester out)

2 Likes

Thanks for listing the steps to get started.
I also want to contribute to haiku.
To get how it feel to run haiku I ran it on virtual machine and live dvd it went smooth.
Next I’m trying to compile it’s source code by following documentation.
I tried to understand source code for few component but not able to understand much.
Can you suggest how to understand the source code for a particular component like network and how this is connected to other components. So it become easy to understand any bug.

1 Like

Try to start a simple program and practice can help you, or you can try to port your favorite not ported apps for haiku, it is more or less easy and helpful.

1 Like