I’ve got Luau ported from Roblox. It’s backwardly compatible to Lua 5.1 and I’m testing it on 32-bit right now. Unlike Lua, Luau has a kind of Python3-style duck-typing mechanism when not running old Lua code. I’m building and testing on 32-bit under QEmu at the moment. It may have much superior execution speeds to the original Lua as well due to improvements to the bytecode.
The downside compared to Lua is that Lua is compiled in C while Luau has been rewritten in C++17 in the bytecode compiler and C++11 in the interpreter. I’ll let you know how the testing turns out once the emulator finishes building and running the unit-tests.
One conformance test fails on 64-bit but it is not related to the changes I made. 32-bit has the BuiltinFolding test fail but not 64-bit. Maybe it’s using the x86_64 direct code generator that causes the builtin folding to fail in one but not the other.