Hyper-V - No 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution available

It’s been a decade or so since I’ve used BeOS, so I wanted to see how things are going with the Haiku project.

I just installed nightly build 51426 using Hyper-V and the install went nice and fast.

The only problem that I’ve encountered so far is my screen resolution. I’m not seeing an option for 1920x1080. The highest resolution that is available is 1600x1200. The Screen preferences says that it’s using the VESA driver. Do i need to change drivers, or is the VESA driver always used for a virtualized setup?

Thanks!

At least in some other virtual machines, you can add custom video modes to their VESA BIOS (I think virtualbox allows that somewhere in its settings, for example). I have no idea about Hyper-V.

If Haiku picked VESA, you can’t really “change” the driver. If another suitable driver was found it would have been used in priority. Either Hyper-V provides just VESA, or we don’t have a driver yet for any other video hardware they emulate.

Thanks for your response. Based on additional research, it sounds like this is a Hyper-V limitation for non-Microsoft operating systems that don’t have their integration services.

I switched to VMware and it’s working fine.

Glad I have 2 valid VMware licenses then :sunglasses::grin::slightly_smiling_face: