How to change QT apps fonts?

Hey all, does anyone know how to change the font for Qt apps or expose the Haiku fonts to QT apps?

I’m using QupZilla and the only fonts exposed to Qt (via QupZilla’s settings panel) is Noto Mono, Noto Sans, and the other few fonts that Qt sees.

As every, any help is greatly appreciated.

I use an older QupZilla_1.7.0_(Qt5)_Portable_07_08_2014 that I think Diver shared a long time ago. I see all my fonts in its settings. So it should be possible in principle…

Thanks @humdinger!

Do you still have a link to that version of QupZilla?

I have uploaded QupZilla_1.7.0_(Qt5)Portable07_08_2014 (37 MiB) to my dropbox. It includes Qt5, therefore “portable”.

I just remembered, that there are some config issue with this QupZilla. Maybe it’s the same for your version as well and that plays a part with your font problem. You may wanna try that first:

I start QupZilla with this script:

#!/bin/sh
cd "$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")"
QT_PLUGIN_PATH="$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")"/qtplugins ./qupzilla

And I have created a link from /boot/home/config/settings/Qt/.config/qupzilla to /boot/home/.config/qupzilla.

I can’t remember exactly what the issue was, but i think without the script (and link) the paths revealed from QupZillas “Help| Configuration Information” shows bogus paths.

Edited to add: The above script has to be placed alongside the QupZilla binary. You can create a link to that script on the Desktop, for example.

Thank you very much for uploading the file…

I get the following message: “runtime_loader: Cannot open file libicui18n.so.48: No such file or directory”. Do you know where I can find that dependency?

Thanks,

Dave

Oh, right… it gets even more complicated… :wink:

I got “icu55_x86” and the 1.5 version of libpng_x86 from HaikuDepot, then copied those

/boot/system/lib/x86/libicudata.so.55
 /boot/system/lib/x86/libicui18n.so.55
 /boot/system/lib/x86/libicuuc.so.55

to /boot/home/config/non-packaged/apps/QupZilla v1.7.0 (Qt v5.3.1) portable/lib and created links to them in that same lib folder with the names

libicudata.so.48
libicui18n.so.48
libicuuc.so.48

Finally, I linked /boot/system/lib/x86/libpng15.so.15 into QupZilla’s lib folder.

It just looks horribly complicated… :wink:

Edited:
Made a mistake with my original post. Since we need the gcc5 versions of those libs, we need to copy/link from the “x86” subfolder in “lib”.

A little progress… but now I get:

runtime_loader: /boot/home/apps/QupZilla/lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5.3.1: Version dependency “libpng15.so.15” not found

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help but I think I’ll leave QupZilla for another day, when the QT libraries have been updated!

Thanks!

Dave

Actually the Qt Port enough recent, you just trying to get work a non-packaged application from ~ unknown origin without any Info about the dependencies, and maybe without the experience to understand the error messages.

Btw: the last error isn’t really that, what you thinks:

And actually Qt comes with an own preferences pane, look for qt-config or qt5-config in /system/bin

I did write to link to libpng15.so.15 too, at the end of my post.

Please re-read, I have edited it because I missed that we need gcc5 versions of those libs, and therefore have to link the libraries under lib/x86/.
I also tested now and icu57 does not work, so you do need to install icu55_x86. If you copy those libs around instead of linking, you can also uninstall it when you’re done.

I hope this illustrates why having package management is so very vital. :slight_smile: