Help translating applications with Polyglot

When I try to pre-translate anything, the page shows no proposed translations at all. Happens on ALL programs. I tought it’d show the most common strings at least, no?

Furthermore if I click on “Save”, page throws me an error 500. Is this normal behavior?

FWIW these apps are fully es-419 localized now (all by hand :sweat:): ArmyKnife, ArtPaint, BePDF, BePodder, DeskNotes, KeymapSwitcher, ffmpegGUI, LnLauncher, ThemeManager and wpa_supplicant. More to come.

2 Likes

Glossary for es-419 is empty: Glossary - Spanish (Latin American)

No, I suppose if you’re trying to save an empty form, that might be something that I didn’t test for.

1 Like

Duh to me! Never looked @ that glossary… In my defense, I thought language subsets “inherited” all pre-translated strings from the parent/main language, but I was wrong again.

I just filled a comprehensive glossary subset, things should be pretty consistent now as per @cafeina’s suggestion.

Fair, however Polyglot currently has no concept of main/overlay language. Perhaps it should, but I’m not sure if the benefits outweigh the added complexity.

BTW, you can remove entries that differ only by punctuation at the end (“…”, “:”). Polyglot cuts the punctuation from original text and reapplies it to the translation as explained in “Glossaries” section in Help.

I want permissions for this. I’m fluent in (at least) 10 European languages (my Greek needs a bit of work though, and I don’t know if Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian are one language without a name—I call it simply наша, naša, “ours”—or four).

Anyhow, I’d like to put some effort in, if you’ll have me.

1 Like