As you may know I am porting the ACE Amstrad CPC emulator to Haiku.
I am currently working on “acepansions”, that is, add-ons emulating various peripherals for the Amstrad CPC computer. Each of these need an icon. I am not so skilled to draw all of them myselves, so I could do with a little help.
Here is a list of the needed icons:
- “Phasers” / Light Guns. I didn’t want to put a too realistic gun there, so I went for something in between a “soaker” water gun and a sci-fi laser gun. However, I think the outline is a bit wrong and does not fit well with the other icons (and the handle has a larger outline somehow). Colors and shapes can probably be improved as well.
- X-Mass is a mass storage device. I could simply use the hard disk icon from Haiku but surely there is some wordplay to do with the name?
- Dandanator is a system for connecting expansion cartridges like on a gaming console: Le Dandanator Entertainment System – AUA I am not sure what to do as an icon for it.
- MultiPlay is an interface for adding multiple joysticks and mouses. I guess I can mash the Joystick and Mouse preference icons together?
- Willy is a soundcard system. I guess an orca would be an apropriate icon, because the name is a wordplay on another soundcard for the Amiga, called Flipper (like the dolphin in that movie), and so it is named like the orca in that other movie.
- PlayCity is another soundcard
- Amdrum is another sound device and probably some kind of drum or drumset would make a great icon for it
- There are 3 different speech synthetizers, which could probably share the same icon
- The Mirage Imager is a tool to create snapshots of running programs and save them to disk.
- The cycle counter is a tool to measure how much time is spent in functions in the emulated code.
So, if you want to draw some icons and this gives you some ideas, I welcome your contributions and improvements. Thanks for your help!