[HELP] How to delete our account?

Hi there, we do wanna delete this account but we didn’t find the option in our control panel.

Can someone help ?

IIRC, it doesn’t exist on this forum. Deleting your account is therefore unfortunately impossible. Just stop to use it.

I am an admin and I could delete this account but accounts cannot be deleted until all their posts are deleted. That account has a lot of posts so I don’t think we want to do that. As Starcrasher says you can stop using it. This must be a limitation in how the software works.

Posts of unsubscribed &/or defunct users need to stay in place, else it could make threads unintelligible - this is what happens on most, (if not all), forums - sometimes a user name can have a substitute to indicate that they no longer use the forums.

You can change the name to something neutral, so no one can get in contact or can see who writes the post anymore. And you need to deactivate the message function to this user (remove mail address).

There is an “Anonymize” function which will remove all identifying information from your account while leaving posts intact; this is intended to be used in place of “Delete”, I believe.

2 Likes

There is an “Anonymize” function which will remove all identifying information from your account while leaving posts intact; this is intended to be used in place of “Delete”, I believe.

Correct. The Anonymize function is how we handle GDPR-style requests to remove accounts. It leaves the content, but decouples the identity of the user from the content. It also removes any personal identifiable information from our forums on the user.

2 Likes