Hardware new user

I recently posted that I had a Thinkpad T430 and understood that it was compatible with Haiku and I put Haiku on an external ssd and all I got was Haiku desktop and nothing else,it was not until later that I remembered from early linux distros that if you toggle left&right mouse as it loads the system sees the mouse and you can then use it so later on I did that on another computer and WOW it works and works far better than I thought likely,I used a mini itx system that I have powered by a celeron N3050 processor (if any one is interested I can give board maker and other details which may prove useful to another user) I did not get sound or wireless and ran the live system but it showed me that Haiku is much nearer a ready usable system than I thought !
I looked around you tube and read the comments and generally explored about Haiku and I looked on Distrowatch and saw a review from 3rd August 2020 which was glowing picture and spoke very well of Haiku and the reviewer said every thing worked on his test machine,I would suggest if the moderators approve that a link should appear some where on this site to that review.After just 3 days I am really impressed by Haiku and I will try it on other machines that I have,sound is a must for me.
Thank you for my admittance to this forum I will now persevere until I have a fully working Haiku and then actually install it rather than just run it live

5 Likes

Could you try breaking up that big block of text a little?
Like this:

I recently posted that I had a Thinkpad T430 and understood that it was compatible with Haiku. I put Haiku on an external SSD, and all I got was Haiku desktop and nothing else. It was not until later that I remembered from early Linux distros that if you toggle the left & right mouse as it loads, the system sees the mouse and you can then use it. So later on, I did that on another computer, and WOW, it works far better than I thought likely. I used a mini ITX system that I have powered by a Celeron N3050 processor (if anyone is interested, I can give the board maker and other details which may prove useful to another user). I did not get sound or wireless and ran the live system, but it showed me that Haiku is much nearer a ready-usable system than I thought!

I looked around YouTube and read the comments and generally explored about Haiku. I looked on Distrowatch and saw a review from 3rd August 2020, which was a glowing picture and spoke very well of Haiku. The reviewer said everything worked on his test machine. I would suggest, if the moderators approve, that a link should appear somewhere on this site to that review. After just 3 days, I am really impressed by Haiku, and I will try it on other machines that I have—sound is a must for me.

Thank you for my admittance to this forum. I will now persevere until I have a fully working Haiku and then actually install it rather than just run it live.

If you like, add your hardware infos into this site, so we can add them to our hardware database.