Hardware List for Haiku

The Lenovo Thinkpad X250 is working really well. Webcam not working but no surprise there. SD card reader not tested, and media keys now working.

Otherwise everything works out of the box!

I found mine refurbished for €250, really happy with it. Runs Haiku only.

3 Likes

Hrev on which was tested: hrev55181+67
System Type: 64bit
Running from: direct hardware
Model: Self build
Manufacturer: MSI B450M
Rating: Runs pretty well
Startup the system from: HDD
Boot options needed?: No
Processor/Cores: AMD, Ryzen 5 3600, 6 Cores 12 Threats
Memory: Corsair 32GB
Graphic cards/count: AMD Radeon RX580 (expanded)
Vesa needed?: yes
Graphic card status: Gets detected as RX470/480. Doesn‘t get the full resolution on my 4K display, only 1080p
Sound cards: onboard
Soundcard status: runs
Networking cards: onboard
Network card status: runs
Wireless Networking cards: -
Wireless Network card status: -
USB types/cound: USB2 + USB3
USB cards status: Every USB port gets detected
SD cards: -
SD cards status: -
Integrated Webcams: -
Did you have to blacklist hardware?: -
Additional notes: The bootscreen is in low resolution (1024x800?), booting from uefi displays correctly. Except the graphic card, everything gets detected well and works without issues. Native Resolution of my Screen (4K) doesn‘t work only FullHD (1920x1080)

2 Likes

Have you more details of your hardware? Like the other hardware infos here? Would be fine to add it to our hardware database too

I’ve already added it to the hardware database :grinning:

mmmh ok, but i does not see a Lenovo Thinkpad X250 in our database here. Only a Lenovo Thinkpad X240. I need to check.

correction i found it named as X250 without Thinkpad

Edit: Moved to suggested location

Thanks for your hardware data :+1:, but please next time post it here: Hardware List: Complete Systems.

This discussion here is for announcement and general information about the database (questions, feedback, ideas)

Nothing works anymore, neither on the DELL XPS15 L502x laptop nor on the Zotac ZBOX Magnus ER51060.
The Zotac ZBOX IQ01, which exclusively features ! Haiku 32bit + Haiku 64bit are installed (I had banned Windows), I put them aside a few weeks (or months) ago.
It’s been a few weeks, sometimes months.
Both the (maybe 10, with gaps) last nightly ones and also the current Haiku R1/Beta4.
I’m ‘just’ an “unprepared user”, as I was once called here…

I could have reported all three computers here as ‘compatible with Haiku’, some as early as 2 years ago.
THREE ! - different epochs and totally different hardware or combinations!

I removed the identical post from the Beta4 announcement thread.

You need to file bug reports with syslog and hardware info of each system. Without it nobody can begin to find the problem.
You could also “binary-search” which commit broke things for you.

2 Likes

I stay on beta 3 too, because the realtex rtl8111/8168/8411 PCe are not stable and i can not use the internet (supported over years, now broken).

#18166 (Beta 4: network connection is constantly being activated and deactivated) – Haiku (haiku-os.org)

It seems The Dev’s are planning to incorporate the functionality to send this info via the ‘Devices’ app. Maybe the info could be sent to BeSly.

2 Likes

The problem with this is that in the hardware list on our site we want to name the hardware first, as you can get it in the store. The internal designations are not understandable for many.

1 Like

One could perhaps integrate this information into the installer, which means checking the hardware for support when booting (comparison with a online database on the haiku site) to tell the user during the installation the hardware is compatible with haiku or not.

But i am not a system developer.

2 Likes

I want to purchase @lelldorin an r4 supported nic through crowdfunding to support besly. What type do you need?
I pledge to put up 15$ USD.

It is not R4. It is R1-beta4.

Sorry I don’t know anything about that

As a reminder to all newbies and hardware testers, please check out our hardware list and related pages here in the forum so we can get more data on “working” and “not” working hardware.

Thanks

4 Likes

Can i put something about graphics cards because RX580 is supported for sure on latest hrev’s.

1 Like

Sure, have you the creator of the graphics card?

It’s an aorus gaming rx580 but i have no idea of nothing more. The ID’s I will need to check on my intel i5 which is not at the moment writing with it.