(not sure this is the right place to post… dunno which is the team responsible of this lib)
After I’d installed the libtextencoding.so library (in order to use Haiku’s StyledEdit, with Andrew’s latest fixes) I’ve noticed that the Opera browser has a lot of troubles with the text displaying.
It doesn’t crashes or anything, but the window’s title, and several of the app’s menus tend to show weird characters, or nothing at all, instead of the proper text.
It also seems as it is reading text from the wrong memory locations, because sometimes the window’s title shows portions of html, or even parts of the cache’s index file (dcache.url).
To be able to use both Opera and StyledEdit properly, I’ve just put the conflicting library inside of a ‘lib’ directory, placed in the same spot as the StyledEdit app.
I haven’t noticed anything weird, related to this library, with any other app so far, so I guess this is not too much of an issue, but I thought it was better to report it.
Ok, that’s all. Thanks a lot for your work!