Haiku, R1/Beta3 Test Candidate 2 is now available!
This is a testing image to ensure functionality of Haiku R1/Beta3 on various end user systems.
Warning: This is not the final R1/Beta3 release and should not be used on “long term” systems. This is a testing images of our codebase that will eventually become R1/Beta3.
Changes since Test Candidate 1:
- WebPositive upgraded to haikuwebkit 1.8.1
- EFI bootloader fixes when installed to a local disk
- intel_extreme driver updates
- Translation sync
- Ensure app_server always issues a DPMS on at bootup
- Fix handling of HTTP 204 responses in libnetservices
Test Candidate 2 is available here:
- German Gateway: https://de.hpkg.haiku-os.org/testing/r1beta3/tc2
- US Gateway: https://cloudflare-ipfs.com/ipns/hpkg.haiku-os.org/testing/r1beta3/tc2
As usual, please test these images on physical hardware, and report issues to http://dev.haiku-os.org (under the r1/beta3 version)
I’m thinking of pushing out R1/beta3 by 1 week. We have a few rendering issues in WebPositive I want to give a little time to (potentially) address, as well as a few minor EFI patches solving the discovery of additional Haiku partitions and a few bug reports to investigate.