Haiku-PyAPI app: Feed aggregator "FeedGator"

Using Vision yes, never build it so I can’t tell which api it is using? :slight_smile:

Not sure what Vision is doing exactly but it’s definetely not using that api :confused:

On a sidenote, just grabbed and build the latest checkout for Pogger, on 64bit R1B4 it builds fine but I can’t seem to pull in any feeds, clicking “Update now” doesn’t do anything.
Me stick to Alligator here for now. :slight_smile:

No, i think Pogger is the one saving feeds as bookmarks you can open in Tracker. Friss has its own gui, and does not currently store any data if I remember correctly. It just loads the feed and shows the items in a list. It currently uses a very bad html parser and tries to render the html using a BTextView, so only feeds with very simple content will work. But I did put support for images and a few other things.

I have not touched it in a few years, Iwm fine with officializing that it’s a dead project if there is something similar and better available.

What about:

"HaiPyGator’ (hi-py-gator)
“HaiPyveGator” (as in “hi-five” gator)
“Aggrefeedgator” (as in “Aggregator-feed”)

Anyways, we all know here at Haiku we appreciate a good mascot battle. So post your bloodthirsty pics …:slight_smile:

Maybe FeedGator?

4 Likes

This sounds good to me

1 Like

yeah, good one!

1 Like

I moved this discussion to its own thread. Once its final name of this “GatorPy” is decided, I’ll adjust the topic.

4 Likes

Let’s be it, FeedGator :slight_smile:

1 Like

I modified right now the code of my app using BUrl and using OpenPreferredApplication() it acts the same way as using the webbrowser module.
if the browser is not open it looses the previous tabs, if open it opens the link in a new tab

that said I’ll use BUrl instead using webbrowser python module

Alright, if it happens with the proper api too the that is definetely a haiku bug. If you have time would be nice to file a bug against applications/webpositive and cc me. : )