Haiku OS on a Dell latitude D500(+ ath9k wifi adapter)

Hello I recently tried haiku OS on my old laptop the Dell Latitude D500. PDF by Dell with the machine Specs.

The laptop’s internal wifi card works. It uses a intel Pro/wifi 2100. It will work using the closed source driver. See install-wifi-firmwares.sh here.. However wifi card is failing due to age all the time and thus i do not use it.

I have not gotten my TP-Link TL-WN722N wifi adapter(using the atheros AR9271 chipset) to work. (Do wifi adapters even work?)

For graphics it uses the 855gm graphics chipset and that requires i start the computer using failsafe graphics. Restricting me to a bad refresh rate , 640x480x16,800x600x8,1024x748x8).

Ethernet using intel Pro 10/100 works perfectly.

For sound it uses the Intel AC97. Have not tested it.

I have not gotten my TP-Link TL-WN722N wifi adapter(using the atheros AR9271 chipset) to work. (Do wifi adapters even work?)

Nope (see below)

File a ticket on http://dev.haiku-os.org/ with your computer’s syslog info and specs.
Check your monitor info in Haiku’s display preferences - does the info show up properly for it?.

Test your headphones/speaker output.

There are certain Wifi devices similar to this that hook your Ethernet devices to Wifi with small effort:

NOTE: You setup the device to your Wifi AP prior to hooking your main Ethernet devices to it.

I reviewed them awhile ago and prefer to use them versus USB Wifi sticks as they’ll woirk with any Ethernet-enabled devices.