Haiku on a tablet

Good day,

So I’m testing the Asus T102H 2in1 tablet. As the internal eMMC storage is not recognized, I’m running off an USB pendrive.

Besides the storage issue [already ticketed] and the screen rotation issue [already ticketed], I decided to test it further and, at the moment:

• no wireless network [already ticketed]. The wireless hardware is not recognized by the OS, only the loopback. so can’t connect to any network yet.
  • touchscreen not functional [not ticketed yet]. Not in a hurry yet. :wink:

With screen rotation and storage working I’ll go full BM with this device, it’s a light laptop, and from USB drive it’s snappy. [disclaimer: Asus is cr*p]. Network is a plus, I have to test with a Ethernet to USB adapter that I have hanging somwhere.

By the way. I tested both Nightly hrev55223 and Beta3TC2. Nightly boots to desktop “without” issues. Beta3 only goes up to showing the blue background before the Install/Try window pops up. In some cases have to reboot in order to use Haiku as on some boots all the boot icons stay gray. After reboot, be it Nightly or Beta, all icons turn colored and on Nightly I can reach desktop.

Regards,
RR

Good day,

With the release of the Beta3, both latest Nightly and Beta3 boot to desktop, and both quite snappy running from the pendrive. Good thing [improved] is that trackpad now has the right orientation, only the display is rotated 90 degrees to the left. Still no storage [eMMC], no touch and no network. And now the keyboard doesn’t work :rofl: I’m starting to have neck issues, though not due to turning head 90 degrees left to properly [with right orientation] see the screen of this 2in1… :rofl:

Already ticketed the network issue, and seems hard to solve as no driver for the wifi hardware that this device has. It’s going to take time to solve these. So I might install some linux and keep testing Haiku releases and providing bug reports…

Regards,
RR

Which wireless nic?

Good day @Coldfirex,

The chipset is the Atheros QCA9377 [https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/17071]. I still have to check with the wired ethernet adapter, that I’m not sure where it is, if can get any network, because I could live without network on this device.

Regards,
RR

1 Like