Haiku on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Tiny

I did take a look at the devices list in Haiku and it stated this for the audio:

But I do get sound. The audio out has the ability (per Lenovo to use as a mic and headphone), so I might try that next. Just wanted to give you all the info. I will also submit a bug. Thanks, :slight_smile:

I use Haiku on the same PC, and while I do not have a mic to actually test, the media preferences app does show the Front mic input, so it should work.

Have you tried with a different microphone?

Hi @ilfelice thanks for this. I did finally find this setting and changed it. And it does have sound in as well as sound out. Thanks everyone, Haiku is really a neat OS. I wanted to install BeOS but think that would have been way more effort. Haiku is a breeze to install. Takes a bit of looking around to find everything, but a great little OS!

9 Likes

Howdy,

Have been successfully using the Dooble browser recently on this machine.

Was also able to install and run Windows 3.1 in DOSBox just for the fun of it.

5 Likes

i can confirm good results on a lenovo thinkcentre, not the tiny form factor, the next size up.
pleasently surprised at how good the sound was.
the only issue i have is that when i disconnect the the network(/dev/net/usb_rndis/0) i have to reboot my computer before the network can be used again.

2 Likes

I have installed R1H4 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T440s, I am surprised that everything works. Some issues with the wifi (seems that it pausing) and HaikuDepot. When I changed to wired connection I was able to download Falkon etc… :+1:

3 Likes