Haiku not booting

I tried but no luck so far

Already tried and doesn’t change anything

I tried multiple combinations of Screen Resolutions, Disabling SMP (only one cpu core), failsafe graphics, on screen boot log, disabling screen paging with the boot log but nothing made a difference

It seems Haiku doesn’t like your system?

Maybe that CPU or that integrated Southbridge?

That CPU should only support up to 2 GiB anyway (Intel specs).

Maybe somebody with more knowledge than me knows more…

Sorry but I ran out of ideas…

Maybe Haiku doesn’t like that computer after all!

The CPU does only support 2 GB?? I read the Intel specs and that is very weird

Oh well.

That specs page also indicates the use of SecureBoot. Setting that to “other os” or whatever the firmware setting states might help.

1 Like

It was already set to off. (i’m talking about secure boot)

it is meaning: some driver can not lauch.

so,can you post the URL link of your mini pc where you buy? it will be a list of all driver in the pc.

this is about graphics card , not Memory。

Your atom only supports 2GB of RAM. I do not know the impact of installing more.
Some cherry trail (which is your atom generation) can support up to 8GB, not yours.
If you have a pdf file of your user manual and/or bios manual it could help.

I didn’t buy it myself but i found a website that has the specs listed.

It’s a ACEPC T11, here is a spec sheet: ACEPC T11 Mini PC Review and Specs | ArakaTech

I unfortunately don’t have any manuals :confused: but the spec sheet i linked should help

Oh well, i don’t know what magic tricks they used at the factory but that thing has 4GB of RAM.

1 Like

try to pull the hdmi line out, and take a vga line to instead of it.
use the daily builds with 64bite.

does it work?

Already tried!

The daily builds just make a black screen and i can’t even go into the Haiku bootloader menu

The HDMI/VGA ports both made no difference, the result is the same.

At this point, you should open a ticket on Trac with the maximum infos. If devs can’t solve the problem, they will at least be aware that there’s one. So, will be users digging bug tracker before buying new hardware. Also, even if you were not able to go further, the fact that you can get into bootloader menu with a beta and not with a nightly is a regression.
In the same spirit, think about contributing to BeSly hardware database, letting know there that this mini PC doesn’t work.

ACEPC T11 Mini PC Specifications

General Brand: ACEPC

Model: T11

CPU: Cherry trail, Z8350(Quad-Core) 14nm (optional), up to 1.92 GHz (1 or 2 Cores), up to 1.68 GHz (3 or 4 Cores)

GPU: Gen8-LP 10/12EU up to 500MHz

RAM: 4GB LPDDR3

ROM: 64GB
Network Connections WIFI: WIFI 802.11b/g/n or a/b/g/n or ac/a/b/g/n+BT

Ethernet Network: Support RJ45 10/100M
Interface Configuration Memory card socket: Support SDHC/SDXC

USB interface: 3 x USB2.0 1 x USB3.0

Headphone jack: 3.5mm standard headphone jack

DC connector: 3.5MM power connector

VGA: VGA 1920 x 1080p

HD interface: HD

Keyboard: Supportive

Mouse: USB, BT Expuntable Wired / Wireless Supportive
Necessary Accessories Power adapter DC3.5mm 5V/3A
Dimensions and Weight Product weight: 0.3200 kg

Product size: 12.50 x 12.50 x 3.00 cm / 4.92 x 4.92 x 1.18 inches

very strange.
this is similar than my mini pc.
but i have no such problem.

I think i will actually! That actually was the thing i was going to do but i already seen a similar issue (#18557 ([EFI] No icons light, unless booted through EFI shell) – Haiku (and yes i tried booting Haiku with the EFI shell like the ticket says but it didn’t work)

I’m pretty sure the BIOS/UEFI is so bad it doesn’t boot Haiku.

I probably will!

P.S. I was also thinking about installing Haiku (dualboot with linux, in my case Manjaro) on my main pc (which does boot the Haiku live cd/usb stick), is this a very bad idea (or a good idea)?

Indeed. I think it’s just the BIOS which is the worst one i have ever seen in my opinion.

you can install Haiku into a another USB driver with your main pc.
yes,try your installer usb driver to push in your main pc .
guess it.
your mini pc is atom cpu .
my mini pc is i5500u cpu which is used for main pc but with a thin mode.

does it work with your main pc now?

Yes, sure. I have Haiku and Ubuntu installed in the same laptop without any issue. You only need to configure GRUB or the boot manager that you are using actually. Here you can find more information:
Booting Haiku | Haiku Project (haiku-os.org)

I am not an expert in Linux and Grub, but is not difficult at all (if I managed to get it work, is not hard :sweat_smile: )

On my Atom platform, whenever I have to get into the boatloader menu it takes a lot of time, I suggest you try waiting for it after pressing the space bar. Initially I thought it was not working, maybe you have the same behavior.

so, atom cpu is too slow.
any other people meet the problem?

I really doubt it has to do with the CPU being “too slow”, as my Atom N450 is even slower than the mentioned Z8350, and boots to desktop fairly quickly.

1 Like