Haiku nightly on intel h61 express

Yesterday … i download haiku nightly i’m forget version but… image date is 18nov2017…write it into usb and try to boot it…
haiku stop at rocket icon… syuut… and Vga display become black. (off)… and my machine seem hard crash (i cannot reset it by switch) … i just can do push button a while until machine forced shut down…
it seem my machine is too new for haiku ?
platform: intel H61 express

anyone have same issue and (maybe solution) to share?

Try getting to the early boot menu (hold shift before the splash screen shows) and from there “use fail-safe graphics driver”. If that works, you can make the change permanent by editing the kernel settings (home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/kernel), it’s near the end of the file.

3 Likes

@PulkoMandy: Typical linux like aswer. Ok. I know mazbrill is not a new member, but new ones can read this too. :slight_smile:

@mazbrili: the haiku user guide can help you here :
https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/bootloader.html

1 Like

What is “linux-like” about this?

I gave the instructions on how to reach the menu, and the name of the option to check. And I also gave the instructions on how to make the change permanent. This is all that’s needed here, right?

I find this more helpful than a link to a page documenting every possible option in the boot menu and let people guess the one they need to activate.

4 Likes

unfortunately… i cannot got early boot menu after many try attempt…
i’m boot from usb… maybe i need to make it first boot first…rather just press f12 to choose boot from…

i will try again this night…

thank you lelldorin… i will re-read your link…

There is a handful helpful people, but it is just a pain in the … bottom … section … to … read … your … posts.

Tpe window for detecting twe shift key is a bit short (we don’t want to de/ay the boot just for this). What I do is get to the bios boot selection (f12 as you said), hold shift from there tthen press enter to start booting haiku (still holding shift). Usually that works for me.

i’m sorry to all… @lelldorin @extrowerk english is not my mother language… i mean that post is i will read that link… i’m just fast type and enter that time
…i’m sorry about my bad write and not intended to hurt anyone

@PulkoMandy … yes i’m not yet succeeding enter that… maybe i will burn the ISO and try that methode

Don’t sweat it, @mazbrili :slight_smile:
Just be prepared having to explain what you mean often and people still misunderstanding you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you @humdinger