Haiku meets 9th processor | Haiku Project

It’s been quite a long time since my last report so I think it is a good time to describe what I have been doing in the last two months. The main scheduler logic has been completed and now I am concentrating mainly on bug fixes, adjusting tunables and some minor improvements. I also removed gSchedulerLock, a spinlock I mentioned in my last post, and replaced it with more fine grained locking. An new interfaces for cpufreq and cpuidle modules has been created together with a cpufreq module for Intel Sandy Bridge or newer cores and cpuidle module for all processors that support C-states and invariant TSC. Furthermore, IRQs (including MSI) can be now directed to an arbitrary logical processor. Implementation of inter-processor interrupts has been improved so that it avoids acquiring any lock if it is not necessary and supports multicast interrupts. And, last but not least, 8 processor limit has been removed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/paweł_dziepak/2013-12-20_haiku_meets_9th_processor/
2 Likes

I guess this is to honor the Haiku dev Paweł who has died. That’s a nice thing to revere him. May he rest in peace. But isn’t it possible to say that at the beginning of the post? Because it took me some time to find out that the text is 9 years old.
Or is this posting completely randomized? If that’s true I wonder why a 9 year old posting is displayed randomly.

Greetings
Peter

2 Likes

You’re mistaken.

I asked about this in the topic that got created for another old blog post on the website a few days ago. Apparently these topics get created when someone visits the page on the site for the first time (after this system had been set up) so probably nobody just visited it until now.

2 Likes

I think you’ve misread the comment on the recent re-post of An extensive interview with Haiku developer - Paweł Dziepak. | Haiku Project.
It was not Paweł that was called to the happy bug hunting grounds of the KDL, but the interviewer Premislaus. Sad nonetheless. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining the reason why it is posted and for clarifying things, especially that Paweł is alive and kicking!

Greetings
Peter

1 Like