Haiku interview in the Linux Magazine March issue

The “Distro Walk” column in Linux Magazine for the March issue is about Haiku, for which the column’s author Bruce Bryfield contacted the project by email, and I gave an interview for it. You can find it online, but it is behind a paywall.

Two excerpts (not anything surprising, but I think these two bits came off well, and collect some ideas we have scattered or in more abbreviated form elsewhere):

27 Likes

Apropos of this, later in May this year will be the 10th anniversary of my involvement with the project (I opened my first bug ticket in May 2012.) Here’s to my next 10. :smiley:

34 Likes

Thank you Augustin, for everything you’ve done for Haiku, with all my heart.

4 Likes

The parts of the interview I can read are really great! :+1:
Unfortunately it seems they only accept Paypal,otherwise I’d even pay for reading the rest.

I would just like to pat myself on the back because waddlesplash learned about Haiku from my “The Dawn of Haiku OS” article in IEEE Spectrum.

:wave: :smiley:

Beyond that of course is all him, ROFL. Plus these days I find myself asking him for advice about Haiku more than the opposite.

27 Likes

Very nice interview! I think you made a good point in what makes Haiku unique as a desktop operating system.

Here is what has been on my mind for awhile now. Everyone is excited to see Haiku R1 (stable) finally ship. The thing I feel is most important with such a release is making a first and lasting impression for the ages. Leave no stone unturned and make sure you hit this thing out of the park. There is a place for Haiku in the space of desktop computing.

3 Likes

Exactly right. It’s what makes Haiku such a promising alternative OS.

1 Like

Interesting read Mr. waddlesplash!
20220214_115747

11 Likes

Nice, but they might want to update their text, if I haven’t missed that we got Firefox ported.

Nothing newer than Firefox 2 as far as I’m aware? That doesn’t really count anymore

Maybe reach out to linux magazine so they can change their text?