Haiku, Inc. Financial Report for 2023 is now available | Haiku Project

The Haiku, Inc. financial report for 2023 is now available on the Haiku, Inc. Documents page.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/news/2024-05-18_2023_financial_report
19 Likes

Thanks for doing such a good job with this, it is mostly invisible work, untill something goes wrong. So kudos : )

8 Likes

The exchange rate for EUR->USD seems to be wrong (again). The report claims to use an exchange rate of 0.95, but actually seems to use an exchange rate of around 0.905 when it should be using an exchange rate of around 1.105.

1 Like

La voilà ,
my simple haiku
… as a

Thank you !

¤¤¤

Finally arrived
- as an evangelium -
your post … among us !

:cowboy_hat_face:

You are right, the rate I used is 0.905, which is the inverted rate, USD to EUR, I think I did that last year too and just loaded up the same site. I will fix it, thanks. Next time I should DM you the report first. Not kidding. Or leave myself a note to use the ECB site next year.

The good news is this means all our EUR is worth quite a bit more USD when you use the proper rate…

The report has been updated. The only change is the various totals with EUR inputs, mostly PayPal but also the Flattr assets. As noted this increased our income a good amount, making the difference between income and expenses in USD around $600, not $90.

5 Likes

The fundraising bar just went up from like 13k$ to almost the 20k$ 2024 goal :money_mouth_face:

Last year we were at 9k$ at this point (according to archive.org)

Looks like this will be a record year in terms of donations.

3 Likes

This will be the year of the Haiku desktop! :tada:

So far, 2011 looks to be best performing year with close to $30k according to 2011: From the desk of Haiku, Inc. | Haiku Project. Unfortunately, financial reports for 2011-2016 are not available on the Inc.’s website to say for sure. Hopefully, this year will beat the previous record.