Haiku doesn't display anything after loading screen

When I boot from the USB, I get the usual Haiku loading screen, then it goes black, and soon my monitor is telling me the input signal is out of range. I can’t seem to find anyone else with this specific problem and I don’t know how to fix it.
Edit: My monitor is an HP w2207h monitor. 1980 x 1050 resolution.

whiwh graphic card do you have?

Meanwhile, at boot, press space until you see the Haiku bootloader menu.
There, you will be able to select safe video boot option, as a fallback.

Pressing space before boot/while it’s booting doesn’t do anything different, and I think it has integrated graphics, but I’m not sure. I can’t figure out how to check the graphics specifically on Linux. I do know it has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor and an ECS Nettle 2 board. I’m just trying to bring new life to an old computer, and Haiku looked really interesting. Linux gets a little boring after a while.
Quick edit: The computer is plugged into the monitor via SVGA cable (I think it’s SVGA)

Hello. Try to press the spacebar just in the beginning of the booting process (before the Haiku boot screen appears). It’s a bit tricky, but with this, you will be able to enter in the boot options, and select the safe video options, just like phoudoin said.

Got into the boot loader finally. There should maybe be a delay before booting, similar to the BIOS screen on old devices for easily getting into the bootloader screen.
Anyways, what should I select now?

See Boot Loader

To enter the Boot Loader options, you have to press and keep holding the SHIFT key before the beginning of Haiku’s boot process. If there’s a boot manager installed, you can start holding SHIFT before invoking the boot entry for Haiku. If Haiku is the only operating system on the machine, you can begin holding the key while still seeing boot messages from the BIOS.

→ Select safe mode options → Use fail-safe graphics driver

I can boot from USB now. Are there any things I should consider before or after installing?

Make backups of your existing data if any.

Create a partition for Haiku. Usually I create one or two smallish ones for the system (3-4GB) and store my data in larger ones (multiple ones in case one of them gets its filesystem corrupted).

Be sure to mark your system partition as active when creating it.

If you want to boot multiple systems, you can use our provided BootManager, or use GRUB if you also have a Linux install.

You can blacklist the video driver to run in VESA by default and avoid the black screen problem permanently: https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/daily-tasks/blacklist-packages/

When installing, the state of the USB is copied to disk, so if you made some changes there (preferences, font size, mouse speed, locale, etc - or just created some files in the home directory), these are preserved.

Basically that should be it.

Thanks everyone. I’ll install it tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.