Haiku Depot Software-Install (Mini-PC Zotac ZBOX IQ01): Fatal error occured

Thank you for the hints!
I found “gmp-6.1.2-3-x86_64.hpkg” and deleted it.
After the LibreOffice installation procedure had expired, i.e. at the very end, the same error message came up again!

The installation via terminal also failed.
At the bottom: *** failed to commit transaction: The to be activated package “gmp-6.1.2-3-x86_64.hpkg” does already exist.
~>

1 Like

Oops … I searched again …
What’s this?:

gmp-6.12-3-x86_64.hpg

Administrative a the backup to start older system starts in startup iirc

1 Like

Danke, aber bitte im Klartext (keine Computer- bzw. Haiku-spezifischen Fachausdrücke) und dann gerne auf Deutsch…

Ich habe Haiku gestern erst installiert und somit keine ‘ältere’ Installation in der ‘Hinterhand’.
Mit den Haiku-Versionen davor, ließ sich das System auch garnicht installieren!

You should probably delete all these transaction-* directories. These are all previous failed attempts to enable or disable packages, they just fill up disk space and may cause some of the problems you are seeing.

1 Like

After searching and displaying, I marked ALL and wanted to delete.
Thereupon I got a warning stating that Haiku would no longer work afterwards.

This is the same thing I’m asking about: HaikuDepot dependencies . If we delete those previous transactions or states, doesn’t that eliminate any possibility of rolling back to a previous point if an error occurs?

does filwip help in this situation?

3 Likes

mazbrili, I don’t have enough thumbs to properly appreciate your tip!
Thank you, thank you - problem solved!

The “transactions” are for “future” operations that cannot be applied. The old states are for going back. You can delete the oldest states and keep only the more recent ones.

Are you using old states to boot? If so, I think it is not possible to install packages when booted from an old state, because the package system tries to keep a linear history (so you can only start from the current state to go forward to new things, and not create a new branch of history starting from an old state).

lelldorin,
FilWip + eine kurze Anleitung Deinem / Eurem tutorialfinder hinzufügen.
Danke für all die Arbeit, die Ihr für die Haiku-Nutzer geleistet habt!

Mazbrili’s question to Pulko Mandy:
“does filwip help in this situation?”
I can answer with an unequivocal YES!

glad that help you…

2 Likes

No, this particular install is 32 bit that runs off a USB thumb drive. I started with a clean install and have been applying updates and installing software. It’s not broken, just trying to figure out the ‘fatal error’ package message. Thanks Adrien.

Danke

Was FilWip angeht, muss ich erst mal wissen was es macht und wozu es da ist. Habe es noch nie benutzt.

Do FilWip near the same as our script in the past (2015)?

http://old.besly.de/menu/search/archiv/pref/avoid-longer-boot-times_eng.html

http://old.besly.de/menu/search/archiv/pref/avoid-longer-boot-times.html

No, FilWip is a multi-purpose tool and your script was better for this particular case. The only problem that I see with it is that you can end up with no backup if your last update was a week ago. The date idea is good but you should also ensure a minimum of states.

2 Likes

The script hold back the entry of 3 days. Not really long time stored files yes, but it is a script, one can change it for own using

It is a system cleaner, like CC Cleaner for Windows.

1 Like

Could the script be altered to keep a number of states instead of number of days?

2 Likes