Haiku booting on Mac Mini 2010 but no Sound no Network

Notice is not received for attachments so you have to add a comment when you attach file. Comments provide notice. Notice is sent to “owned by” (developer) and everyone who has commented on your ticket.

You chose wrong component for HDA because there is particular developer that handles this driver and right now showing nobody.

Edit:
You also need syslog for hda ticket. The syslog you used in network ticket may work for hda one also since it has hda references in there.

I added my Sys Log to the sound ticket also.

But, I am not sure what you mean by wrong component. I have it on Audio Visual. I see no specific one that says HDA.

What is the correct component then and how do I select HDA?

tj

[quote=macsociety]I added my Sys Log to the sound ticket also.

But, I am not sure what you mean by wrong component. I have it on Audio Visual. I see no specific one that says HDA.

What is the correct component then and how do I select HDA?

tj[/quote]

needs to go under drivers.

Ah. OK. I guess since this was an audio issue I thought audio. hehehe

So, I see that one was changed already to correct one.

How about my Network ticket. I had that under Network & Internet. Going in the same guidelines here, I take it my network issue should be drivers>>network instead of the Network Internet it was on?

I went ahead and changed to drivers>>network thinking that would be the case. Can always change back if needed.

tj

“I went ahead and changed to drivers>>network thinking that would be the case. Can always change back if needed.”

Yes, drivers->network is right. It is a driver issue. Your device id is not listed in Haiku’s driver and they need to get newer broadcom driver from BSD.

Most of Haiku’s network drivers are from BSD.

Your tickets are now good (can be looked into) and developers will tell you if they need anything else. I did not want to add to them because I’ll get CC on any posts that happen but that’s ok.

Thanks for the help. First timer posting bug reports or tickets but will get a better understanding of this as time goes on. Figured if we can get an Mac Mini 2010 model that is currently for sale a good Haiku candidate, might get more people interested in Haiku at the same time. :sunglasses:

tj

I am curious if the problem of running Haiku in Parallels is due to the NIC chip set not being supported? Is anyone running Haiku in Parallels?

[quote=tonestone57]Notice is not received for attachments so you have to add a comment when you attach file. Comments provide notice. Notice is sent to “owned by” (developer) and everyone who has commented on your ticket.
[/quote]

Trac now sends notification of attachments. (One of the upgrades some months ago added that ability)

I followed your sound ticket.

The developer requires you to test with FreeBSD first to check if audio works properly. Then he’ll examine that driver to improve Haiku’s.

So, you either have to install FreeBSD on your Mac Mini or try out a LiveCD version. Many LiveCDs are outdated and using older version of BSD so no good. I noticed PC-BSD but they only have LiveDVD (3.5-4GB) (see the changelog).
http://www.pcbsd.org/

Your audio bug will not get looked at (or fixed) until you can test sound with a recent FreeBSD distro.

You should try Ghost BSD forums first to see if they can help you get that running on your Mac Mini.

[quote=tonestone57]I followed your sound ticket.

The developer requires you to test with FreeBSD first to check if audio works properly. Then he’ll examine that driver to improve Haiku’s.

So, you either have to install FreeBSD on your Mac Mini or try out a LiveCD version. Many LiveCDs are outdated and using older version of BSD so no good. I noticed PC-BSD but they only have LiveDVD (3.5-4GB) (see the changelog).
http://www.pcbsd.org/

Your audio bug will not get looked at (or fixed) until you can test sound with a recent FreeBSD distro.

You should try Ghost BSD forums first to see if they can help you get that running on your Mac Mini.[/quote]

I am downloading GhostBSD 1.0 today to see if that works. The 2.0 I did seemed beta so maybe there are issues. 1.0 is based on freebsd 8 stable from March 2010 so I would think this will work. Will see how it goes.

tj