Haiku boot in QEmu - please help!

Hello ,
I’m trying to(and am a die-hard fan of) boot Haiku inside Qemu, but get the following :
"Select boot volume : Current : None"
I can’t seem to find any place to boot from, although I have pointed to the right .image file.

I tried this with both buildfactory and schmidp (r18998) images, no luck.

Can someone please advise me what to do?
Thanks a ton already,
krishna

(GREAT JOB, GUYS!)

krish240574 wrote:
Hello , I'm trying to(and am a die-hard fan of) boot Haiku inside Qemu, but get the following : "Select boot volume : Current : None" I can't seem to find any place to boot from, although I have pointed to the right .image file.

I tried this with both buildfactory and schmidp (r18998) images, no luck.

Can someone please advise me what to do?
Thanks a ton already,
krishna

(GREAT JOB, GUYS!)

This apparently is a new problem following some changes to the bootloader recently.

Looks like maybe axel just fixed it in r19000:

http://haiku-os.org/trac/ticket/882

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Would you please be able to tell me where I can get r19000 from?
I’ve already downloaded the nightly from the nightly build factory, I still get the same error.

Please advise,
thanks,
Krishna

krish240574 wrote:
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Would you please be able to tell me where I can get r19000 from? I've already downloaded the nightly from the nightly build factory, I still get the same error.

Please advise,
thanks,
Krishna

r19000 is from today, so it won’t be in last night’s builds.

Many people who want the "latest and greatest" end up building their own images by downloading the source code and compiling it on their own.

Otherwise you’ll have to wait for a more recent image to be posted. I suggest watching here (where it appears r19004 is now available):

http://haikuhost.com/schmidp/

Must have been my eyes glazing over, from the late night, I missed the r19004 earlier !!
I downloaded it and it works like a song !!!

Now to get the source and start hacking… slurrrp !!

krishna

krish240574 wrote:
Must have been my eyes glazing over, from the late night, I missed the r19004 earlier !! I downloaded it and it works like a song !!!

Now to get the source and start hacking… slurrrp !!

krishna

Awesome! I know a couple others in #haiku irc channel that will be happy to hear that Haiku boots again…