Haiku backend in GTK/GDK?

Looks fantastic Gerasim, fluid and responsive. GIMP on Haiku looks one step closer.

2 Likes

Scroll bar auto-hiding should be turned off.

3 Likes

Scroll bar auto-hiding should be turned off.

This is so true. Yesterday I was working on porting my companies OpenGL product to Vulkan on Linux, and the autohiding scrollbars on Gnome are a terrible usability design. I’d activate the window resize cursor change 80% of the time while struggling to see / access the vertical scroll bar. From a usability point of view, 1 in 5 success rate. Bad design.

5 Likes

librsvg:
screenshot63

16 Likes

Worked on librsvg a while back, didn’t go into haikuports back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all your work 3dEyes!

11 Likes

screenshot65

25 Likes

…woooww… awesome… :+1::+1::+1:

A bit offtopic, how you make screen capture?

1 Like

AVerMedia EZRecoreder 130

@3dEyes, is this the latest version (looking into bumping what I had earlier), see that is now requiring rustc and cargo (librsvg)

Considering that there is stiil a lot of work to do on colour mapping in Qt haiku widget style (menus, for example) , do you expect it to be easier with gdk/gtk?

i build librsvg 2.40.21 version - same in gentoo - https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/gnome-base/librsvg

1 Like

It’s very early to think about it.

Thanks! I saw they made the switch after 2.41.*, so probably go from there for the recipe, ps build for 2.48.3 failed :slight_smile:

Base build for 2.40.21 seems to be OK here, did you enable vala and gobject-introspection also? (seeing gdk_pixbuf is lacking support for gir atm)

I’m guessing compiling and running the latest version of GIMP is the real test?

@3dEyes, is it possible to build Firefox with GTK3?

Let’s wait until we have a GTK3 application at least in the depot before we worry about Firefox. (It’s worth noting Firefox has a “headless” backend, and of course we do not even have that yet.)

3 Likes

is it possible to build Firefox with GTK3?

Too early to think about it.

3 Likes