Haiku Alpha review delays

For those following my reviews, I know it’s been a while since I published the first part and I still am working on parts 2-5… and I’m sorry for the delays in getting these done at my usual pace. Bear with me and I’ll see about getting the remaining pieces of the Alpha 1 review done over this next month. Thanks, all.

8 Likes

Well, Haiku was in development for 8 years before we shipped an alpha release, and 8 more years before we shipped a beta. No one here will blame you for taking your time to do reviews. I re-read the alpha1 one a few days ago (as it was reposted to hackernews) and I saw that you took a lot of time doing all the screenshots, comparing with the previous and next versions, etc. This must be a lot of work, and it’s very nice to have the changes accross versions documented this way, because we tend to focus a lot on the day-to-day progress and forget how far we’ve come since alpha1. So, thanks for doing it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you @PulkoMandy :slight_smile: I’m glad you like it; I truly am hoping that both my article series on BeOS and this one in progress on Haiku will both let more people know about Be and Haiku, and that it’ll cover the history well.

And… I’d like to announce that as promised, the missing parts (Part 2, 3, 4, 5) and a bonus article on installing Haiku alpha1 are all finished and available to read on Medium, my Be/Haiku blog, and my personal blog “The OS Voyager”, as linked to below:

On Medium…

At Isometric Leaves…

… and also on my “OS Voyager” blog…

Thank you everyone for your patience with these, and I truly hope everyone enjoys the reads!

4 Likes