Haiku Activity & Contract Report, January 2023 | Haiku Project

As is the usual way of things, the monthly Activity Report is hereby combined with my Contract Report. Apologies for the delay in getting this one out; I had originally planned to publish it before the end of last week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/waddlesplash/2023-02-14_haiku_activity_contract_report_january_2023/
19 Likes

Also, a belated Happy Valentine’s Day to all who celebrate (whatever that means, or doesn’t mean, to you.) Apparently Microsoft chose this one, out of all the days they could have, to delete Internet Explorer. Which reminds me of an old Internet meme…

5 Likes

It doesn’t load on my side… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(I think that’s part of the joke)

Anyway, the FSFE also celebrates “I love free software” day on 14/02, so, it is an opportunity to say thank you to everyone who makes Haiku a nice community to work in!

12 Likes

Nice work to all involved as always! :ok_hand:

Too bad no mention on part of haikuports, a “lot” of the static libraries have been removed and TeXlive made it’s way into the depot! Kudos to those involved also :wink:

12 Likes

If someone wants to write haikuports monthly reports I’m sure we can host them on the Haiku blogs as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A bit over a year for my retirement, maybe I could look into that by then :smiley:

6 Likes

Great to see the work of new contributors! Looks like a solid update.