Haiku Activity & Contract Report, December 2023 | Haiku Project

This report covers hrev57429 through hrev57493.

The most notable series of fixes last month were in the TCP implementation. There have been problems and inefficiencies known in it for some time, but following reports that they could be reproduced even on loopback (not just on LAN), I decided to spend time investigating.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/waddlesplash/2024-01-12_haiku_activity_contract_report_december_2023
30 Likes

Lot’s of progress this time by several contributors! Thanks to all involved! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Well, impressive lists of fixes arrived in this report.
Those who dare to use nightlies benefit a lot.

If nothing special feature comes until Beta5 release … I’d be really satisfied simply with lesser mistical unexpected events ( :slight_smile: ) and faster Haiku network connection - in itself.

Thanks to all of you !..

As always a huge thank you to anyone involved. Special thanks this time to @humdinger for fixing that really annoying bookmark bar bug in Web+ :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
I have a question: will the connectivity fixes arrive to Beta4 or do we wait for Beta 5?

Thank you all for your contributions! It’s great to feel the sense of continuous progress every month!!

2 Likes

For now they remain in the nightlies only. There were earlier changes to TCP and the network stack which also did not get merged into beta4; I would be cautious merging these new ones without those (and those did affect behavior as seen by userland, rather than just fixing bugs.)

8 Likes

Thank you, people.

1 Like

So much work done!
Wow!
I will donate again#
Thank you Haiku developers!

2 Likes

Thanks to the Haiku-team for all the great work in 2023 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice work. I love the TCP stack improvements. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To everyone who contributed: Thank you for all your hard work.

2 Likes

This was actually @Anarchos and not me. The commit was (accidentally) credited to me because I made the original patch to implement brightness controls for radeon_hd which Anarchos finished. (my version did not actually work)

Credit where it is due! :smiley:

8 Likes