Haiku Activity & Contract Report, August 2023 | Haiku Project

Well, for me the new shared libs under R1B4 are enough risky sometimes … I would avoid the flusters of nightlies 8D

But hey, at least the improvements of the debugger sneaked in with Haiku upgrades …

I asked net and kernel upgrades, as we got selections until springtime, however getting lesser and lesser -

Of course haikuports refreshed apps, but if network became more stable or new posix or protocol services became available … those are welcomed.

I know the availability of nightlies, but actually I have one machine I can use and use on it Haiku 32 bit as a daily driver.

I would not risk it with nightlies and do chroot is not an option as I use it on a small USB thumbdrive - 16 GB … and as stores the Live system as well for recovery plan – itÍ’s tight well.

Unfortunately the serial attempt of installing 64bit version malfunctioned the 128 GB thumbdrive … I mean the partitions not healthy anymore and I have no other OS to repartition it.
It might not severly damaged just not able to create proper partitions there.
Haiku install always fails. Somehow I cannot rewrite DVD under Haiku however the DVD is rewritable.
I could not rewrite the DVD under Haiku the burning app do not or can not erase the disc. Strange.
Anyway - actually I live with it. There are enough frustration comes from GNOME Epihany or after some program upgrades.
I was always “surprised” lately when I was daring to upgrade them.

So, … no, thanks - I do not miss the excitements of nightlies. <|8-))