GSoC Introduction: VirtualBox Guest Additions | Haiku Project

Hello. I’m Mike and I’ll be porting part of the VirtualBox guest additions to Haiku. My full proposal is here, but briefly, the features I plan to port include:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/scgtrp/2011-04-29_gsoc_introduction_virtualbox_guest_additions/
2 Likes
Summary

Location of VirtualBox Guest Additions for Haiku VMs

Hi all. The link to Mike’s original proposal has moved to:
Google Summer of Code 2011 archive

Forgive me if I’m wrong, 'cos I’m a noob here: I was looking for the current code and status of the VirtualBox Guest Additions, and I think that it has all been merged into the main VirtualBox codebase because Mike is in the credits. Details of how to get the source is at Download VirtualBox - sources are at the bottom of the page.

I couldn’t find the Guest Additions in the haiku-os repository, but please comment if I’ve overlooked it.

I hope this makes it easier for people to pick up the Additions project now that Haiku has gone Beta.

You might want to look over in haiku-ports?

They are bit out of date on 32bit and the 64bit ones are untested and so not built.

If you want them to work you should update the recipe on Haikuports and fix any breakages… virtualbox has the sources, but HaikuPorts supplies the actual binary packages.