[GSoC 2024] Improving the Tracker Query Window

Sounds good to me!

2 Likes

Hey Forum. So I needed a bit of advice or maybe some pointing to. I was tinkering around with the BColumnListView and realized that I’ll probably have to create a custom BColumn as the other three types cannot display views as children. Is there any particular resources/applications in Haiku from which I can learn custom drawing of views from?

I’m currently laying out everything so wanted to get more comfortable with the BColumnListView columns as soon as possible. It would be great to get some resources :slight_smile:

(edit: AugieDoggie referred me to the Programming with BeOS book so I’m currently reading that)

Thank you all for accepting my project for the GSoC this year. I’m very excited to go ahead with this project and learn alongside all of you. Thanks again :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Congrats! +1

1 Like

This is definitely a question more in the wheelhous of your coding-mentor. However, from my layman’s perspective it sounds quite difficult to have a BColumnListView with the top row being very different to the rest. The first row(s) would show the “filter+buttons” widget, the rest the files found by the query.

Plus, the widgets should always be visible, even when scrolling the list.
That’s why the mockups show the “filter” widgets above the list:

query-mockup

Maybe the widget-view could be ‘manually’ moved left/right when the user drags the attribute column around?

2 Likes

Is there a way to make Tracker search in a directory and its sub-directories instead of the entire disk? This would make the search much more usable eliminating un-wanted results.

This is what we are going to add in as a feature by the end of the project :slight_smile: Will definitely keep you posted on this post.

2 Likes