[GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 6 | Haiku Project

This is the sixth progress report for TrackGit project. I did the following in last week.

My mentor Stephen had put up few comments on my commits so far. I addressed them earlier this week. You can have a look at the comments thread here and here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/hrily/2018-06-11_gsoc_2018_-_trackgit_progress_report_6/

Great work… just a question out of curiosity - wouldnt it be eayier to use the the Notification Server for displaying the cloing progress?

The notification server is evil, If an app usis it, I turn off notifications from that app. The app should notify me in the window, or pop-up a window with the notice. just my 2 cents.

The UI could certainly be improved, in particular for “progress report” notifications. In the current form they waste way too much screen space, and you can’t put them away while you work on something else (which is the point for these progress bar things, right?)

For normal notifications (for example when someone highlights me in Vision) it works very well however: the window is easily noticeable even when I’m in another workspace, yet it doesn’t completely interrupt me as a popup window would. I think this part is ok, but we need to get the notification history to work, maybe.

kind of loved the way zeta did it (if i rember correct …) it stacked the notificaionts… (maybe shrink the first ones…)