GoldenDict - no popup window

Hi
I installed GoldenDict and Babylon German - English dictionary. This program works fine on a Linux PopOS Laptop. But in Haiku I never get the popup window with translation when dubble click a word in a browser or text document. Typing in “Lock up” field though works in Haiku. All setting are the same for GoldenDict on both computers.
Any ideas for this?

Another thing: Choosing categories in this forum does not work on my computer. Just flash for a fraction of a second and dissapeares in WebPostive

Best Regards

Almost Sure it is not implemented.

Thats realy bad if that is the case. For me that is the hole point with the program, to tranlate on the fly in a text. To copy/paste in a new window is realy old fashion. Could that be solved by Haiku team or is it GoldenDict issue?

yes it is!
Hopefully someone will write an Haiku Add-on for translation! I am not that one, sorry.

The HaikuPorts team and/or the original author is responsible, but not the Haiku team.

Only thing I did there was so GoldenDict could find and use the hunspell dictionaries (that works :slight_smile: ) , typing in the search field indeed works, double clicking on a word doesn’t reveal any translations though, I’m not familiar with the app so not really sure where to look for a solution here :frowning: