Frozen Bubble for Haiku

Working fine!

Gameplay with audio
https://i.imgur.com/R2ntHny.mp4

20 Likes

Nice!!! Had been looking to revive this one for years (on and off), could you add this to haikuports?

2 Likes

Yesplease add the game to HaikuPorts, because the last port are at times of Zeta.

3 Likes

Got a build done with haikuporter, adding perl modules needed for the build atm, I can access the menu but can’t seem to launch a game, did you do any extra patching @johna

Yes, you need to patch the sdl pango, compile it and create a new package

This how i did it

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into this :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Frozen bubble compiler for Haiku B09092023
https://justpaste.it/67xta

1 Like

So far already added 16 perl modules to haikuports to be able to have all in place for Alien::SDL, we already had part of that patchset for SDL_Pango, with the second part I was able to play FrozenBubble, will do some fine-tuning today (I saw that Debian for instance add a few more patches for SDL_Pango).
If all goes well this will be up at the depot pretty soon, thanks on the pointer for the patches @johna !

4 Likes

So far packaging and running it on 64bit is done, game runs fine and stores the user files now in ~/config/settings/frozen-bubble, already created a Deskbar link in the recipe for it.

On 32bit we got some issues regarding mixed arch (primary vs secondary) which we are looking into (thanks @jmairboeck for brainstorming there!)

Remains, adding an icon (nothing svg related found (or searched for now) that could be used to convert it to an rdef file), then add that to the perl script (frozen-bubble executable is a script) if that is possible at all. :slight_smile:

For SDL_Pango we already did a partial patch, this has been updated with 2 patches from Debian that already had the first one, this has been updated and SDL_Pango has been updated on the buildmasters.

All in all nice progress :ok_hand:

4 Likes

There is a way to add resources to scripts, but only as attributes. There are a few examples to do this already, e.g.

2 Likes

And … FrozenBubble available in the depot now for 64bit, on 32bit we are still facing some issues with arch mix and perl, with the help of @jmairboeck this will be fixed soon(ish) we hope :slight_smile:
Enjoy and thanks @johna !

3 Likes

Cool !, i tried to create a server and it crashes saying protocol corrupted (server/net.c), but it can connect to other servers in LAN created for example in Linux Mint, but is a minor issue, thanks for the recipe :smiley: and the depot

1 Like

Did not try the LAN feature, have to admit that, will look into if when time permits :slight_smile: