Freezes hard on boot, boot menu doesn't help... hardware incompatibilities?

I’m trying to run Haiku on an old laptop, a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C-series.

It never goes past the logo screen, with all the icons greyed out, at which point it locks up and requires a hard-reset.

I shift-loaded the boot menu, but even turning on all the safe mode options doesn’t help. I tried booting with the on-screen debug menu, but it doesn’t work - when I tell it to continue booting I’m left looking at the stuck logo screen again.

I asked in the IRC channel and I was advised to open a bug report, but according to the guidelines I’d like to verify the computer doesn’t have documented hardware incompatibilities before I do that.

Hardinfo reports the hardware as follows:

Motherboard: Intel 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge
CPU: Pentium III (Coppermine)
RAM: 190MB
Video adapter: Ati Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x
Audio adapter: Cirrus Logic CS4281
Ethernet controller: Intel 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100
Touchpad: Alps GlidePoint

Additional hardware:
Agere Systems LT WinModem
Texas Instruments PCI1420 Cardbus controller
Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 controller (ISA, IDE, USB, ACPI)

Anything you can tell me?

I had this problem too when I usd the original Alpha 4 release. What fixed this, is downloading an ISO from the nightly images. Yes, they say they are unstable…But depending on what features you need or don’t need, this is the best way to go. BTW- at all times if I am surfing the web or watching an item on Ebay- This OS is so energy efficient it keeps my laptop running at he coolest temperature possible. The only downer is I have to plug my laptop into my router.
Also…Haiku prevents you from opening up Hotmail, but thats understandable being Hotmail is a major security threa to any OS. Other than that, I really like this system.
In a few minutes I’m going to install this on a spare hardrive with unallocated space…I’m looking to see exactly how little space it takes up with all its features installed.
Also…use at least 300 MB of RAM. That may be the biggest problem you are experiencing.I know the minimum installed RAM you can possibly have right now in these days would be 512 MB.
I have Haiku running on a seperate partition on my hardrive configured with the boot manager alongside Windows. Windows for my 3D graphic arts…Haiku if I keep my laptop on all night.