Error booting from UEFI USB

I have been messing with Haiku install most of today, both beta and current nightly.

Best case I got to the Try/Install screen with no KB/Mouse, but usually run into this error I took a picture of.

I have an extra hard drive I’d love to install Haiku on, any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Is this with Ventoy?

I used Etcher to make a USB stick with the Nightly Anyboot (Tried the beta too, seems to give the same error).

The bootloader cant seems to find where to boot from. Please create a ticket at dev.haiku-os.org with your hw info.
In the meantime you can play with the usb settings in your bios / uefi, if there is any. For example you could try to disable XHCI.

Either it is a problem with the XHCI (USB3) driver, or it is a not reliable USB mass storage. I would bet on XHCI if the keyboard and mouse are plugged on USB ports and also don’t work.

If your BIOS doesn’t allow you to disable USB3, you could also try to do it from the boot menu, and make it permanent if it works (Disabling components of packages | Haiku Project)

Keyboard and mouse are plugged into the motherboard directly.

I couldn’t find anywhere in the BIOS to disable the USB in any way. I was able to get into the Boot Menu (by holding down Space, which is sorta funny that it works there) and tried looking around for the package to disable, but didn’t see anything relevant.

This might be out of my skill set. :laughing:

You might try another USB port (in the back for instance).

This appears to be the same as this bug report: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/14454

I haven’t really tried to investigate it. Probably the XHCI driver needs some certain kind of error handling to resolve this problem.

Do you have any suggestions on what to disable? I looked through and disabled XHCI where I saw it, and it didn’t help. Is there a specific place I need to do it in the disable menus?