Do Intel N95 work perfectly with Haiku?

do intel n95 work perfect with Haiku?

i realize it is the most popular cpu in alibabagroup website market.

anyone test it?

I wouldnā€™t bet on it. We have seen recently on the forum that Haiku can have troubles with ā€˜newā€™ celeron, like overheating but not only . So, it could have same kind of problems but it could also work like a charm. Did you check bug tracker to see if there were some bugs reported already?

1 Like

I tested only a N100 (12th gen Alder Lake) and it wasnā€™t So good

Mine is a Topton P8 MiniPC ( 375.24ā‚¬ 52% OFF|Topton P8 12th Gen Mini Handheld Laptop 8 Inch Touch Intel N100 12G Ddr5 Windows 11 Computer Kantoor Notebook Pc 2 In 1| | - AliExpress )

• wifi didnā€™t work
  • display worked but it displays at 90Ā° and haiku has no screen rotation feature unfortunately
  • also after a while it crashed (half screen became white and debugger showed up)

I didnā€™t investigate further as the screen rotation issue has not solution until this feature is added in the OS. This is more specific to this machine than to the N95 / N100.

any system log to describe the problem?

I need to try again and get the logs. Not sure how I can do it without installing. Guess I will try to make a partition and install even if I know I can never use it with rotated screen .

If youā€™re booting from an USB pendrive or SD cardā€¦ you can simply start in Desktop mode.

There you can run listdev -d > listdev_verbose.txt to get a nice .txt with the info about all your devices, and you can also make a copy of the /var/log/syslog file.

If networking works on that machine, you can ā€œuploadā€ them right away. If you have no network access there, but have another Haiku (or even ā€œmodernā€ Linux install), plug the pendrive there to access your syslog and listdev_verbose.txt files.

Or you could also create a small FAT32 partition right next to the Haiku partition on the pendrive/SD (you can do so with DriveSetup when tryiing it in ā€œDesktop modeā€ā€¦, mount that partition in read/write, and move/copy the files thereā€¦ so then you can easily access them from almost any PC on the planet.

Hope it help. Good luck!

2 Likes