DevilutionX a Diablo game Engine

Really?

Past alpha 4 the package management are included in haiku. This make all files installed by hpkg virtual.
To make it possible to install old pkg files of beos they implement the non-packaged folder. All pkg file run to install are send to non-packaged automatically.

Ok you can install files by hand too, this is right.

I think it is unlucky to place this files under config, because not all placed here are config files.

You can correct me, for me the home directory in a later comming multiuser system are the boot folder of the user. Here he can install all he want without destroying the main system. So the Non-packaged beside a package folder should be in home and not config. Or a folder like Non-packaged should nsmed to user-file for example.

I told you, this is not true, but please tell me: why does the 64 bit Haiku also have this folder if it cannot run BeOS programs then?

In this case, since the user has to get the data file manually from the original CD and it doesn’t come with the DevilutionX package, the best solution would be to ask the user for this file in a file dialog. Wherever the user has put it, save the path in the Diablo settings and use it from then on.

2 Likes

DevilutionX works great here on 32bit…

This is a thread about the DevilutionX game Engine.
You can play Diablo game with it on Haiku.

You need the original Diablo game!