DevilutionX a Diablo game Engine

It is in the Depot since long (~6 month or so).
I upstreamed the required changes, btw to make it possible, so i know.

Oh, and please do not share binaries on the forum.

1 Like

Ho don’t have see it in Haikudepot before.

You should check in the HaikuPorts, maybe a recipe is slready available for your next port, but it is just untested on your arch: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports

1 Like

anyway it is be nice to announce new ports here…

good idea indeed

There’s even a thread for what’s New in HaikuDepot.

You can also get a RSS app and add lists for updates on individual apps or all new packges with the HDS Feed Builder.

So my proposal would be: please remove the links to the hpkg as it is already in the Depot, comes with icon and startscript, but it needs the game-data in different folder, so 2 different version can easily make misunderstanding in the future. Thanks.

Is the question that package have the better Position for the gamedata ;).

I hope Nnot in config or settings folder. It not a Settings it is game data.

I think we need a data folder by default place in home.

1 Like

You mean like config/non-packaged/data ?

That’s done.

No not non packaged

/boot/home/config /appname configurations
/boit/home/config/settings/appname settings
/boot/home/data/appname files generated by the user or add files to run a program like game files, all are not settings or config

Pls, do not put folders in my $HOME, kthxbye.

I think /boot/home is a nice place to put files generated by the user. Organize it how you like, its yours! You don’t need authorization from Haiku inc to create a data/ directory there.

Why not? It is the user folder, there is no other place to put user files.

Because it is mine.
I don’t care where the gamedata goes, as long as it don’t require an extra folder in my home dir. Pls, do not put stuff in the root of my home.

config and settings there to.

I am not a haiku developer, only some one help do a good way. And the home folder is the user folder. And i does not like to put the home folder full of things, so a data directory would be a good position.

The package creator can only start of the position the user have only one partition. If you want to move them on other place to it and create a symbolic link.

We need structure, and we get it with the package management, but in home we get chaos again, because every packager do things on different ways.

So whats wrong with config/non-packaged/data then?

It is still implemented for old beos apps. In the future then we lost all support for old beos apps past r1 we do not need it anymore.

And for me, it is placed in the false posion in the foldertree because non-packaged is not a config.

This is obviously not true.

Really?

Past alpha 4 the package management are included in haiku. This make all files installed by hpkg virtual.
To make it possible to install old pkg files of beos they implement the non-packaged folder. All pkg file run to install are send to non-packaged automatically.

Ok you can install files by hand too, this is right.

I think it is unlucky to place this files under config, because not all placed here are config files.

You can correct me, for me the home directory in a later comming multiuser system are the boot folder of the user. Here he can install all he want without destroying the main system. So the Non-packaged beside a package folder should be in home and not config. Or a folder like Non-packaged should nsmed to user-file for example.