Dell OptiPlex 9020 Haiku R1B4 Installation

Howdy!

I recently purchased two used PCs: Dell OptiPlex 9020s.

SPECS:

Computer: Dell OptiPlex 9020 (SFF desktop)
Processor : Intel i5-4570 (3.2 GHz)
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics (onboard): Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600 [untested]
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570
Sound: Integrated Intel 2-channel High Definition Audio
Network: Integrated Intel I217LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000;
Hard Drive size: 2 Tb

NOTES:

1. Attempted to install using R1B4 ISO–but it errors out after the boot icons complete and displays a kernel panic for a USB object failing jumping into KDL.

2. Attempted HREV-56932–installed clean! The easiest Haiku installation ever! Then I spent next two nights installing software and migrating data from my Haiku laptop.

ISSUES:
It also has USB 3 & USB 2 slots. The USB 2.0 work great; but USB 3.0 kept dropping from MOUNTed to UNMOUNTed (accompanied with “cannot locate device” error messages). So, USB 3 is unstable to use.

Graphics, sound, and network just worked–that was great to see. It did not have the wi-fi option installed.

Other than that–no other issues to report. This is best hardware I have used for Haiku as a daily driver!!

Great work developers!!

4 Likes

Hi @ArDrakho! Nice to read you’re having a blast with Haiku :slight_smile:

Regarding that USB 3 issue, even if @waddlesplash might read this anyway, you should consider filing a bug report. See https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReportingBugs, specially the Hardware Issues section.

Sounds good, will add the is computer to our hardware list too.

If you test some more, please add them to our forum part to expand our database more and more.

Hardware List: Complete Systems - Feedback / Hardware - Haiku Community (haiku-os.org)

I recategorized this thread. You could have done it just as easily, @lelldorin .