Debug Now! screensaver discussion

I saw the “Debug now!” screensaver discussion here: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/14448 and was a bit intrigued by it. Since the original Be screensaver said “Buy now!”, why not replace the ‘debug now’ text from the alphas with “Download now!”, “Get Haiku!”, or something similar?

Just thought bringing the discussion out to the community forum might give more suggestions than in the tickets. :wink:

“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.”

― Nikola Tesla

I understand the context of your quote, but the upcoming beta will be for everybody, not just the Haiku team that built it or for a developer audience only. The page I referenced above itself mentions:

While I offered two suggestions in my opening post (download now; get Haiku), the idea of me starting this thread was to bring the discussion to everyone so that the Haiku developer team could have a pool of suggestions to choose from.

It is similar to where Fedora, etc. used to have people vote on potential codenames or backgrounds like this page. Now I know Haiku != Gnu/Linux, and my point isn’t to compare anything, but to say the spirit or concept of me starting this is the same.

If things like starting a discussion over an old screensaver are the property of Haiku, then what can those not on the team hope to do?

A screenssaver… I does not use them past the, 90ies. Only casteway on haiku would be funny.

Just for fun: