Database as a file system

Was already looking for where it is planned (and discussed). Sadly didn’t find much here or any meta tickets or similar. Maybe you can point me to correct discussion/ticket?

Thank you for your work. :slight_smile:

There is not much discussion, just a short wiki page about limitations of BFS: FutureHaiku/BFSIssues – Haiku

Certainly this could benefit from more details. Personally I don’t know enough about BFS structure to understand most of it.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. People are doing a good job working on different topics. But this specific one seems to be one nobody is actually doing something but everyone having an opinion on how not to do it. :wink:

I’m just not sure of this is not just everyone blocking everyone from moving.

If the goal is to just improve what is there: Specific tickets should be opened and someone should work on them one by one. This would however in no way interact with what this thread is about.

If the goal is to make something that is new: Then people must accept it to break with old ideas and maybe not matching such lists at all. I mean half of that list is about specific data structures that would not be present in a new design to begin with.

Or maybe both is wanted or needed, but then the teams need to figure out each their own topics in their own threads.

Maybe it’s also about people fear that having something new will remove what is there already. History has shown: no, the pile is just getting bigger. :wink:

Everyone have a good day!

1 Like