Cursor size

Hello,

I am new to Haiku os, I would like to know how to increase the size of my mouse cursor?

Waiting for an answer, I wish you a nice day.

Sincerely,

Welcome, Ldh! (It’s just “Haiku” btw, not “Haiku OS”.)

AFAIK that’s not possible.

If this is not possible at the moment, do you think it is possible to add this option to beta number 3?

Sincerely,

Doubtful. Nobody has worked on it, there’s no ticket for this enhancement and beta3 is branched with only carefully checked commits being added to it.

1 Like

Very well, thank you for your answer. Hoping in the near future (after the release of beta 3) to have an improvement of the mouse cursor to make it more accessible to visually impaired people. :smiley:

Go ahead and add a ticket so there is a record of it.

Indeed that’s something that hasn’t been accounted for when forking on UI scaling for HiDPI displays…
There’s already a ticket for that, #13171.

1 Like

For now this may be helpful, I do not know if it is already compiled and in HaikuDepot:

appserver currently supports bitmap cursors of custom sizes. but we don’t have an API for changing the default standard cursors.

app_server maybe should be able to accept HVIF cursors (all Haiku cursors are already generated from HVIF, but not in runtime). Adding origin point coordinates to HVIF format may be needed. Cursors can be configured by symbolic links in app_server config directory.

5 Likes