Crosscompiling x86 and x86_64 with haikuporter

Is it possible to build both x86 and x86_64 haikuports packages on Haiku without rebooting to corresponding Haiku? I currently have 2 Haiku installations on different disks and common haikuports directory. Building packages on differing Haiku installation cause invalidation of recipe cache and sometimes require to delete repositories folder.

Not currently. We don’t have cross compilers for either way, and the work to run 32bit apps on 64bit systems is yet to be merged (there is a patch for this on Gerrit).

What you can do is configure haikuporter to not put the cache inside the git repo and use a separate cache for each architecture, avoiding the invalidation.

1 Like

Thanks. I configured separate repository folder for 32 and 64 bits.

I think that it’s better to merge this even if incomplete, because patch can become obsolete. Build can be disabled if needed.

Code that isn’t built will bitrot silently. Patches pending on Gerrit will get a big red “merge conflict” warning when there are problems.

Also, this code has impacts in a lot of places (basically, all syscalls are affected). It’s not something completely independant that you can enable/disable with a #define.

2 Likes