Creative Commons Tutorials about Haiku Development

Hi,

Is there some creatives commons (CC BY/CC BY-SA) licenced Tutorials about Haiku Development (or in the Public Domain) That can I use, modify, share,…?

Thanks for reply.

2 Likes

The “learning to program with haiku” / “programming with haiku” books by Jon Yoder: GitHub - theclue/programming-with-haiku: Learning to program with Haiku and Programming with Haiku books is under the CC BY-NC-SA license (Jon retains the right for commercial exploitation of his version, which you can buy as a printed book).

5 Likes

I have DarkWyrm’s “Learning to Program with Haiku” book. I got through most of it but never completed all of the chapters.

2 Likes

Thanks I search a tutorial with a license that allow commercial use if I modify or translate the work. And I don’t find a tutorial about Haiku associed with this kind of license. I have in mind CC BY/CC BY-SA/Public Domain.

1 Like

If you feel confident about your knowledge about it, you could write one by yourself and help the community that is not currently able to code.

I’m not capable of writing a Gui application for Haiku without any source to rely on. The few resources I have is the previously mentioned books and commercial use is not permitted.