Chromafiler style in Tracker?

Hello everyone,
On my windows machine I’ve been using chromafiler for a while now.

I really like the single click navigation that open a windows to the right that you can detach according to your needs. At the same time you got a nice overview of the path to your current folder.

This is a feature I really like to see in Tracker. It could be an option that activate an automatic tiling to the right of the current folder.
Good day to you all !

8 Likes

Wow,I’ve never seen this thing before and that navigation style looks great to me.
I don’t know how much work it is to implement that,but I guess since Tracker already supports opening a new window for each directory,it should be doable.
I’d totally love to see this implemented in Haikus Tracker :+1:

3 Likes

Well, you have something very close already available in Haiku. You need to use the right clic (or Control + left click) when open a folder in Tracker:

1 Like

It looks like standard Haiku spatial browsing+ self windows tiling, it seems doable but I dunno how much of this

Tiling is not available as an API unlike stacking. Personally I would prefer the way the Finder in MacOS does it instead of having dozens of windows floating around