Can't do a software update

Greetings,

I am running the latest 64-bit Haiku on VMWare VM. Seems to run fine. However, when I run SoftwareUpdater, I get:

Update did not complete
failed to download package intel_wifi_firmwares

I am able to get to yahoo.com through WebPositive so I think the networking is working.

Sure appreciate any help!

1 Like

Try again
or
try with pkgman in Terminal: pkgman full-sync

Thanks a lot for the help!!
When I run it, I get:

*** Failed to download package intel_wifi_firmwares: Connection refused

Thanks!

It looks like other packages were downloaded because I see several messages like:

Re-using download ā€˜/boot/system/packages/administrative/transaction-2/be_book-2008_10_26-7-any.hpkgā€™ from previous transaction

Try: pkgman install intel_wifi_firmwares
only first to see what happens.
or try pkgman search intel_wifi_firmwares
or pkgman update intel_wifi_firmwares

I did: pkgman install intel_wifi_firmwares
and got:

100% repochecksum-1 [65 bytes]
Validating checksum for HaikuPortsā€¦done.
intel_wifi_firmwares-2022_01_11-3 from repository system is already installed.
Nothing to do.
ā†’ pkgman full-sync
[ā€¦]

Try ā€œpkgman refreshā€, not sure it will solve your problem but it will update itā€™s internal cache.

1 Like

I do not think the refresh is helping. However, I discovered that if I keep trying the full-sync it sometimes gets a little further. I kept doing it and got through all of the updates.

It then told me to reboot - which I did.

Iā€™m now trying to install VIM and having failures there too.

My impression is that the networking is flaky because I keep getting random errors when trying to download stuff.

(My host machine has no network issues.)

I then did ā€œpgkman vimā€. It took about 10 tries but I got it. Definitely a network issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

What network interface do you use in VM settings?

1 Like

What network interface do you use in VM settings??
intel1000/100pro ?

It looks like I am using e1000. My options appear to be:
E1000
E1000e
VLANCE
VMXNET
VMXNET 2
VMXNET 3
Flexible

Do you using a nightly or the official 64 bit beta 4?.

A nightly is a development version an can be broken, so you can try a other revision to test.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using the standard release and not the beta. Iā€™m having other network issues with other VMs now so it may not be the fault of the OS. Thanks!

the betas are the standard releases. The only other option is nightlies and they are only intended for decelopment.

1 Like

Even though I am using the latest VMWare Pro, I think it must have a networking bug. Iā€™m having network problems with other OSs too. When I switched from NAT to Bridged it has fixed my problem. Thanks for the help!

5 Likes