Can develop installation, update package of resuming load function?

In China, I use the haiku r1beta1 64 version,when using Pkgman Update or Pkgman full-sync update the system,speed is very slow(<1KB), and even drops, Cannot update the system normally or installing new software,can develop installation, update package of resuming load function?

Initially, the speed can reach 50 KB to 100 KB, but after a few minutes, speed will be reduced to a few KB, even<1KB

I can tell you that this is typical of China.
When I am back in Europe, there is no problem, it is very fast.
I also noticed that company internet access usually face less bandwidth issues than home access.

Anyone in China who could provide a mirror of the package repos maybe?

1 Like

Now, did not find the right image,so I think that is similar to resuming a similar function, can more convenient to solve the problem.

Check the mirrors file, the NZ mirror may work better: https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/repository/x86_64/current/mirrors.txt

Though I don’t think we mirror the main Haiku repositories themselves, only HaikuPorts…

I second this suggestion. Having pkgman first download hpkg’s to a temporary folder/cache then install the locally downloaded/cached packages would provide much more of a fail-safe method than what what is currently done.
It would also avoid having to re-download the packages if you uninstall and reinstall something or want to downgrade to a version that is no longer hosted.

This is already done. Packages get downloaded to /system/packages/administrative/transaction/ and and are then moved to /system/packages/.

The ticket for resuming/retring downloads is #12414 ([package kit] Package downloads not retried / resumeable) – Haiku

I’ve been testing the mirrors, the speed more slower than HaikuPorts

Yes,the pkgman get downloaded to /system/packages/administrative/transaction/ and and are then moved to /system/packages/,

But when in the process of installing packages is abort, when again reinstalling the same packages, the pkgman will restart download the packages who have downloaded to /system/packages/administrative/transaction/.

Can develop a mechanism, when in the process of installing packages is abort, don’t download again already packages who have downloaded to /system/packages/administrative/transaction/ , not only download failed to download the packages?

That’s exactly what the ticket I linked to is about.

Good,thinks,hope to faster to solve.

In addition, could you consider give pkgman set cURL in the back-end,
So, when using pkgman download software packages,Connection will be more stable and fast.