Buy Be Box Dual

Hello,

i try to find another Be Box Dual, full working.

shipping to france.

merci

You have one already, don’t Be greedy!
Still having problems with the one you have?

Yes. some problems : cannot boot, no display.

i will try some fix

Did you try removing some of the SIMM?
Do you have another computer to test those in?

Also, there’s a cr2032 battery in, is it still good?
What revision is the motherboard, and what graphics card is installed?

hello,

i will change battery and simms next week. and tests.

GPU : 9 axe 64 pro
motherboard : Passy 830 0000 08

maybe have you photos for :

• jumper configuration hard drive and cd drive
  • ribbon connexion

with it, i will check all drives and ribbon

I wondered the other day if the BeBox uses POST codes at all, probably not. Else a POST ISA card would have helped maybe.

Probably more like a unix box… you could monitor one of the serial ports for output from the firmware and kernel. It would be hard to imagine such a machine not having any debug output…

Yes you get serial debug on one of the ports, just the speed is unusual IIRC (19200?).

19200… is a normal speed??? The only thing I’d suspect before that is 9600, and that becomes less common as it’s pretty slow.

Anyway https://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/benewsletter/Issue4-30.html

According to that on the BeBox it is the 4th serial port, at 19200, no parity and 1 stop bit and no flow control. So… fairly standard.

Bonjour!

I have two BeBox, a 66 and a 133 Mhz - both in France (Ain). I haven’t booted them in years, next week I’ll have time to assess the condition of them.

Not sure if I want to sell one or both.

Thanks,

David,

interesting :slight_smile:

i hope that will boot fine.

A little tease…

IMG_1251

5 Likes

Thanks, I hope so too :slight_smile:

great. beautiful be box !

i’ve SGI Indigo but small box format. G4 Cube is very cool. i have one also with display and sound system…

@francoistonic, any progress with your BeBox?
@photek, cool picture!
A caddy CD drive, that’s quite vintage, is it in the dual 66?
How much does the Indigo weight?

no progress work with Be Box. i will try to test different ways this week-end.

I’d Def be interested in one of the beboxen… :slight_smile: love the indigo, I have a 10k indigo2, and an Octane2.

If there’s someone in the US that has one of these I am desperately looking for one. I’ve been a lurker in the haiku scene for a long time, I’ve met Joe before at conferences (not sure if he’s still involved), I’ve scheduled waddlesplash for interviews on Jupiter broadcasting shows, and I’ve been at BeOS and Haiku fan for years.

I have some early developer releases, that I’ve been wanting to be able to test but I don’t have any hardware which it’ll run on. Versions 1.1d5, 1.1d6, 1.1d7, and 1.1d7.1. this was an early enough that it’s before general ppc comparability and definitely before x86. so unfortunately the only thing it will most likely run on is a bebox.
I have been trying to track one down for years but just haven’t been able to find one within my reach.

Sorry for the delay, it took me a while to get a PS2 mouse. Both BeBox seem to work fine, however the PS2 mouse I procured is a piece of shit, on both BeBox it stops working after about 1-2 minutes.

If the problem was on one bebox, I would suspect the bebox having issues but as both display the same issue I guess it’s the mouse.

So, I’ll get another mouse and do some further tests…but in general - I’m Happy!! :slight_smile:

énorme ! ps/2 mouse is not always great hardware. no problem with display ? if you sell one of them, i take :slight_smile: